Sunday, January 25, 2015

Edified and Uplifted

Bonjouuuuuur!!

Well we spent all week in Noumea and only got back to our secteur on Friday afternoon. It is good to be back.

I had THE most WONDEFUL day on Thursday. We started the morning with Zone Conference. Enfin! I learned so much and felt the spirit so strongly. It was such a blessing to get to hear from President Brewer and feel the spirit that absolutely radiates from him and his wife.
After our conference, since me and Sr Gunn were sectuerless we got to sit and talk with Sister Brewer for a couple hours as we waited for our ride. What a treat! We got to really get to know her and it is such a privilege because normally we get very limited interaction both our Mission President and his wife due to them living in an
other country and only coming every 6 to 8 weeks. And then, my favorite part of the day. I was able to receive a priesthood blessing from President  Brewer, with our stake president, President Guidi, standing in as well. They are the two men in the surrounding 3 countries who hold the highest  priesthood  power and keys. It was an incredible privilege. As they laid their hands upon my head and gave me a blessing by the power and authority to God, I was filled with the Spirit. I know these men are the Lords representatives. I feel a renewed energy and peace and duty.


We are happy to be back in our secteur!

Tidbit, it's been a while since I gave a tidbit. Yesterday our best friend member fed us. Total local meal, she didn't buy anything. It was some steamed bananas and water taro from her garden along with a parrotfish- all cooked in one pot with some fresh scraped coconut. The fish was literally just a fish. Head, eyes, scales, gills, even its parrot beak still attached. And I ate it all. Our member loves the heads especially, and ate the lips, gills and brains and eyes right there. hahaha so wild. Not to that point yet.

We are getting taken to the beach today! Gonna see how to fish with a spear and other casual awesome things. Can't wait!


looove you all
soeur evans

No comments:

Post a Comment