Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Eh Voila Quoi

Allo oui bonjouuuuur,
 
Well the days are streaming together again so I fear this email may be a little scattered, but hey life's a mesh of lots of little moments and thus it shall be with this email.
 
First miracle: I think I mentioned last time that we found a man who's here on vacation from Tahiti? Well we did. And he is GOLDEN. We've had 3 more lessons with him AND he came to church. Unreal! And the other day during our lesson he was recounting when we porte a ported him: "I was sitting there with my sister and I heard voices, and I turned to her and said, 'who knows, maybe it's a sign from God'..." Me and Soeur Pulsipher are sitting there dumbstruck as the member goes, "yes, it is most definitely a sign from God." OH MY GOODNESS. Ok, I'm sure that reading this it seems like such a little thing, but it was such an incredible moment. That moment when it hit me again. That we are out here and that God is really truly answering prayers by sending us to people. That WE are a sign from God. An answer. Proof that He heard. Wowza it never ceases to amaze and humble me. I can think of nothing (literally nothing) better than being an instrument in the hands of the Lord.
 
We got to watch someone making baskets out of palm leaves the other day. She's the ancient, teeny tiny sister of an amie. It's legitimately how she fills her day. Bored? Make a basket. Oh what wonderful people.
 
One of our amies is making us manu tops! So pretty soon me and Soeur Pulsipher are going to have matching handsewn Walisian/Futunian manu tops and bottoms. Baaaaah!!! We feel so islandy.
 
I've discovered one of my favorite things about being a missionary: getting to watch the light come into people's eyes. Every lesson they progress a little bit more, until after a few days, a few weeks or a few months, their eyes are like high beams glowing with the gospel of Christ. The gospel changes us, I can't say it enough, it changes us so much. And the end product is all glowy and radiant and kind and humble and joyous. What a beautiful sight to watch over and over!
 
Ate rabbit the other day. Tastes like chicken.
 
We were refound by an old ami. I think I got proposed to. That was interesting. I declined.
 
Me and Soeur Pulsipher are doing a Livre de Mormon challenge together. And it's lit a new fire in me about the Book of Mormon. I LOVE THAT BOOK. People always say to feast on the word, and I FINALLY feel like I'm feasting. I never want to put it down. We're reading it in French, but it makes sense and it fascinates me and it's beyond thrilling and interesting and powerful. It is without a doubt the word of God. The more I share my excitement with amis the more I see that it's true. Shout it from the rooftops this book is TRUE. And I love it.
 
Righto, basically, another awesome week in an awesome country serving even better people and doing the best work. This is easily the most satisfied I've ever been by something I've done.
 
Loving you all with all my bestests!
Soeur Evans
 
 
Mosiah 5

No comments:

Post a Comment