Tuesday, June 10, 2014

So much happy

June 10, 2014

Dinner!!! Felt like the whole thing.


Hello from paradise!

Yesterday was the best day ever. I can't even understand it, but you
know how everyone says that one the mission things are hard but you
live for those incredible radiating glowy moments and those make it
all worth it? Well yeah that's true. Cause yesterday was so GOOD.

This week we had every single one of our amis cancel or reschedule on
us. Except for one family. That means we had 6-9 less lessons that
normal this week. Which means a whole lot of time that is suddenly
free. And you know what? We still ended up having the same number of
lessons this week as we normally do. Because the Lord led us to so
many people!

One night we finished an appt and had 30ish minutes before a dinner
appt. We could easily have gone and followed up with a couple of
contacts we've been trying to schedule appointments with. But I really
felt like we needed to go find someone new. The apartment building of
one of our less actives popped into me head (normally we don't get to
knock doors, we just kind of yell bonjour from the bottom of driveways
a lot and hope they hear us...walking up and knocking their door is
very rude here) But in the apt building we can knock doors! I felt
like we should just knock a few doors on the first floor. We pulled in
and walked up the stairs and opened the door and there sat someone
OUTSIDE their door sitting on the doorstep. I put on my happy happy
face and a big smile and introduced us and tried to radiate the joy of
the gospel onto her. And within 30 seconds she let us in! Baaah!!! And
then we taught her a little lesson and set up a return appt. No way.
How miraculous is that?! We didn't even have to knock the door. We
just had to follow the prompting and as soon as we did that He proved
that He had already prepared the way. Incredible.

Then yesterday we were doing our grocery shopping. We have to drive
the Elders cause they don't have a car, and one of them suggested a
store we'd never been to before. So we figured why not and pulled in.
And then while we were in there one of the employees started talking
to us and gave us the number of someone to call. AND THEN. She
casually goes, "oh and this is my friend, she speaks english too." So
we talk to her friend (who also worked there) and without even saying
a word she goes "yes I just moved her and i'm looking for a church. I
wanted to get baptized, but never got the opportunity before..." I'm
sorry is this real life? MIRACLES. Miracles everywhere.

Other great tidbits:
-ate the equivalent of a cow this weekend alone. so much meat. can't
even. I think I ate 4000 calories in one meal I kid you not. and then
we still had a dinner appt that night 4 hours later. But all of the
people are so cute and sweet and funny and i love them so and we can't
NOT eat their food or cancel on them, so we pray to have enough space
in our stomachs and He does the rest.
-it is now winter here, which means the rainy season. Currently it is
pouring and I love it. When it's 13 degrees celcius I'm freeeeeezing.
-I've been out for over 4 months already! Craziness, I can't even believe it!

Loveth you alleth. Life is good. God is better. Yesterday I was truly
so happy I didn't even know where to channel it all. It is so good.
Missionary work is so good.

Soeur Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment