Tuesday, June 17, 2014

God is oh so very GOOD

"Bonjouuuuur les soeurs!!!" A little taste of my new favorite phrase.
My heart melts every time I hear it. "bonjour les soeurs!" "Ca va les
soeurs??" Anything with "les soeurs" in it. Believe it or not, it
still feels unreal that I'm a sister missionary. Hahah there are a few
times when I honestly think for a second that I'm just out with the
Sisters as a member, but then I look down and whaaat do you know that
plaque is on ME and it says MY name and right underneath my name it
say Christ's name. Christ's church. And then I remind myself that yes
this is real and I'm really here and I really do understand French and
I really do know how to teach in French and I really truly am a
representative of Christ. But yes it is still a bit surreal at times.

I am staying in Paita, and so is Soeur Beagles! No transfer for this equipe :)

The Lord's hand is still ever so present in our lives. Just this
morning we had a little miracle. Well, a pretty big miracle. We are
searching for a family to teach. A family that's married and has kids
and is truly a family unit. And we're also searching for new amis,
because you can never have enough amis. We did some porte a porte a
few weeks ago and were really excited by one of the contacts.

Commence miracle: This morning we had our first lesson with her. She
was waiting for us! She remembered the lesson! And she is a delightful
mom and wife in a real family! Then as we taught her and listened to
her experiences, it was like she was already a member. She was
throwing out things like "eternal life" and how Satan is attacking the
family and how when we have faith Satan will attack us with more
force. There were a few points when I almost fell out of my chair
because I just couldn't believe how prepared she was. I really did, I
really almost fell out of my chair. And I almost wanted to run out of
there because she was SO prepared and I didn't want to mess it up. I
wanted to have God give her to another missionary, guarantee that it
would be the perfect lesson for her. But alas, He blessed US to teach
her so teacher her we did. So we taught her the Plan of Salvation. AND
THEN. Halfway through, she called her 11 year old son in and perfectly
retaught him all of the things we'd just explained (even using our
visuals!) because he had been asking about it the other day. Oh my
goodness it was incredible. I walked out of there in shock. God is so
good. Ooooh did I mention that she'd prayed to be able to meet with us
and have her faith cultivated? Cause she did. Dying. Heart bursting.
These people are real.

Fun fact: they have a sandwich here called the American. It's a
baguette with burger meat, mayo, ketchup, bbq sauce and fries on top.
Hahah this is how they represent our country in sandwich form. hahah
but it's pretty good so there you go. Go America.

Also I got my first plate with straight up fish placed in front of me.
And again, I liked it! It was just a fish. Cooked. But completely
intact. We'd just seen them fresh from the ocean the night before and
taken pictures with them, and then we ate them. Growing up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment